There has been so much going on here in blogland--my head is spinning and I don't even know where to begin. (This is kind of long, but please read it through.)
Jim and Christina (from Red Booty Woman) have a serious health issue with their youngest daughter. This has been weighing on me a lot as my precious baby is just a year older than their Emily. I lay awake at night watching her sleep and think about how I would feel if that was my baby. I know I could never be as strong as Christina is. I have thought of little Emily every single day since first hearing of her illness--it breaks my heart and I just cant imagine what they must be going through.
There have been other losses in the community as well, and while I am not familiar with Bas besides having seen his comments on other blogs, my heart aches for those who are missing him now.
And then we have the loss of freedom that sparked from an article written somewhere that put some of our best blogland writers in hiding. I know the basics of what this is about, but have not read the exact article and I don't want to. I am disappointed that people feel they need to change what they do because of the ignorance of others. It just seems incredible to me that in today's world there are those who are still so prudish first of all and so intolerant as well. I understand the need for privacy and if my name were being published for the public to see, I would probably do the same thing others have done. But, it sickens me that there are people who can make us feel this way--that we are somehow brainwashed or abused and allow it because we don't know any better. I have so many things that I want to say to that and yet, I feel like its not even worth the time to. There are clearly two sides and we are on one or the other---neither side agrees even remotely with the other yet the negative side, it would seem, is winning the fight they started by using fear tactics/intimidation (and being unbelievably disrespectful) just because they can and enjoy watching us pull back out of the need for privacy. Its just shameful and childish---it makes me want to reach through the computer, grab the author of the article and give them a good shaking and tell them to grow up already. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you disagree with it, instead of breaking people apart trying to fight it, find someone you can agree with and go do whatever it is you losers do for fun.
I wasn't planning on writing that much about that subject, but really I don't feel like I have said nearly enough about it either. I know that is what this person wants--the drama, the fight, the fear---I don't want to give them the satisfaction. All I will say is they are being childish/ignorant/asinine (take your pick) and need to find a new game.
It would seem we need each other more than ever. If you haven't yet, please go to Rogue's blog and send a bear hug to little Emily, and leave some words of encouragement for Jim and Christina. And lets pull together and support each other as we move forward.
One last thought: I know you have all probably heard this quote before but in light of the subject matter it bears repeating:
"No one can make you feel inferior without YOUR CONSENT."
~Eleanor Roosevelt~
Please don't give it. If you enjoy a kinky lifestyle, if you are in a domestic discipline relationship, or whatever it is you do, please remember ITS NOT A FUCKING CRIME, ok? And you don't have to hide it, and you don't have to feel like less of a person for it in any way, and it is not a mistake or misguided choices. Its who you are and you are lovely. :)
All the best my friends. Be well. :)
~sugar
2 comments:
I agree sugar with everything you have said. Being kinky is not a crime. Life is too short, we have a right to live it our way.
Hug,
joey
Very good points. The talk that article created has been all over the place and I've seen a lot of awful comments towards what we do. It's unfortunate that people can't just shut up and MYOB!
Post a Comment