Thursday, January 18, 2018

It's been awhile......

Wow, I can't believe how long its been since I've even visited my own blog!

So catching up:

Life has thrown some serious curveballs at me this past year. In the space of 12 months I have lost one of my siblings and another is currently missing, believed to have passed away but has not yet been found.

We (Ace and I) faced a very dark time in October of 2016 as my sister had just passed away and then we faced a police inquiry on a false charge brought against us regarding our child. In the course of that inquiry, the lifestyle we lead was brought up and attempts were made to use that as proof of some kind of wrongdoing against our child (which would never, ever happen in a million years) and it subsequently lead to many doubts/fears about continuing our lifestyle after being so demonized for it. It was truly one of the hardest times of my life.

But we rallied. As we always do. And just when we got through that hard time, the phone call that would send us spiraling again came through....

The last few months of 2017 have been surrounded by sadness, confusion, and loss that has continued into these first months of 2018. We're fighting as hard as we can, once again against an incredible loss of a loved one and once again against false charges being hurled at us....

I promise its not all gloom and doom, although it certainly sounds and feels that way sometimes. We are taking the high road always, and just as before, those who are bringing these charges against us will find out very quickly that within our personal lives and within our community involvement, we govern ourselves with integrity and are above any reproach. What we do as a couple in our private lives is not unlawful, harmful, or in any other way criminal nor is it any of any one else's business despite what they may think or any attempt to use it against us.

Ace remains as ever my one true love and the one I wrap myself up in and around during these storms. He lets me cry, scream, or rant when I need to, but applies a loving hand when needed too. He knows, and I'll admit, that I don't want to be a spiteful or vindictive person although far too often that's the side of me that comes out. And then He's there to lovingly correct and set me back on the path we both know I should be following. Throughout all this difficult loss and times of darkness, He has been right there to dry my tears, hold me, and guide me through it. I don't know what I would do without Him, I can't imagine how I would have gotten through this without Him beside me.

I started a new job in the fall of 2017 and I absolutely love it! My new co-workers are caring and supportive, and I work in a fantastic place! :) I wish I could say more, but it is quite unique and would give my identity away quickly, so I'll just stick with saying I love it! :)

And so life continues on. I am going to try to get back to this blog and start writing again. I have missed it, and all of you my dear readers. I'll be writing when I can, I look forward to re-connecting both with the experience of writing and with you.

All the best,

~sugar

No comments: