Monday, October 15, 2012

Shopping in Spanko Heaven

I mentioned in a previous post that we had gone on a mini vacation and along the way stopped at several antique stores we had never been to before. These shops were literally a spanko's heaven--you wont find a better place for implements anywhere! We only brought home two new ones, which I will share with you at the end of this post. First, enjoy these (sorry about the formatting-blogger wont let me fix it without deleting stuff) :

Paddle "Majesty Knows Modesty"

Flowered pair

Wooden paddle

A collection of wooden spoons

Two carpet beaters

Double Trouble 1--- Yardsticks and Rulers

Double Trouble 2-- Paddle and Yardsticks

Razor Strop (upper left)


The pictures above were all taken at the same shop, and they are only a fraction of the pictures I took that day.
 
 
If you guessed that the razor strop was one of the implements that came home with us---you would be right :) It is a heavy leather, Beau Brummel brand razor strop that cost us all of $6. Ace gave me a few light strokes with it the night that we brought it home, and let me tell you--that thing hurts much more than our belts do.

 
 
 
The other implement we brought home with us was found at a different shop. 


 
 
The girl working in that particular store couldn't tell us much about it, except that she knew it was used on a circus midway years and years ago. Ace gave me a few token strokes with it, but we haven't experimented with it beyond that. I am including a couple of pictures of it laying next to our Cane-iac junior straight-handled cane so you can see its imposing size. <shiver> This implement cost us all of $8, so we brought home two fantastic new toys for hardly any money at all! :) :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You were so lucky to find all those implements in one store. I have been looking for an old fashioned razor strop. $8 is a bargain.

Hug,
joey

Lea said...

Razor strops can be fierce and definitely tend to run a much higher cost. That cane thing is long! Enjoy experimenting!

Hermione said...

That was a spanker's paradise! I love the decorative cane.

Hugs,
Hermione

sugarsweethoney21 said...

Joey: You would love this one! Ace used it on me for real the other night, and over two layers of clothes it put me tears in a matter of minutes. Very heavy, very ouchy, and just lovely! I promise if I ever get to NY I will bring it with me :)

Lea: Fierce indeed (see above comment to Joey). We wanted to try both the other night, but the strop had me in tears so Ace made the call to stop--I was bummed, but I in hindsight that cane after that much from the strop would have been too much. Thats why He is HoH, not me! :)

Hermione: Thanks for commenting! I forgot to mention the year above--- the tag said "circus midway cane-1950's" but unfortunately didnt specify which circus it was. Its really a cool piece---that was a fun day for us! :)