Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Game

Ok, so I have to give credit for this post to two very ingenious people who recently started the idea of spanking games on another blog :) After reading a post, Ace had made a comment about modifying a game they had started. However, tonight we began discussing it and we both decided it would be much more fun to come up with something ourselves than to simply plagiarize an existing game.

I asked Ace for any ideas He may have had but He wanted me to make the first suggestion. I started going through all of the different games I could think of, but none seemed very adaptable. Having been influenced by the(brilliant) post mentioned above, my thoughts turned to casino games---mainly  blackjack. :)
I have a history with this game---my father was a dealer in an underground casino in Chicago in the 1950's and he taught me how to play. I then taught myself how to count cards :) and now I can play rather well (when I find a casino that hasn't caught on to me yet!). Technically, its not against the rules if you can do it in your head, but that doesnt stop the local casino from trying to kick me out for it!! :) :)

Anywho, it didnt take very long to lay down basic ground rules for the game. As we progressed we changed and upgraded the rules until we had a completed game. Heres how it works:
If I win a hand, I only get half of the total number depicted on my cards (rounded up to the nearest whole #).
If I lose a hand, I get the full number depicted on my cards.
If I lose a hand and bust (over 21), I get DOUBLE the amount depicted on my cards (OY!)

Implement is decided by what color I have the most of in my hand:
If majority of cards are black, He decides what the implement is.
If the majority of cards are red, I decide what the implement is.
If there are the same number of red and black cards, He decides what the implement is.

A blackjack or a push ( dealer(in this case, Ace) and I have the same card amount) are both freebies! :) Standard blackjack rules apply (dealer stays on a 17).

So, lemme go through our first game in which we played through a single deck(thank God we didnt use a blackjack shoe--it holds SIX decks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

First hand: I got a black jack right off the bat!!!  Nice! :) :) :) (Apparently, Lady Luck isnt a spanko! :P )

Second hand: I (stupidly?) hit on a 14 and got a queen, causing my card value to double to a whopping 48!
Thankfully, the cards were all red and I chose just His hand ( I had taken a long, hard discipline session for sassing him already :(  so hand was all I was volunteering for!) I quietly took all 48, which He was kind enough to deliver gently (it is a game / fun after all!).

Third hand: We had a push at 18. Another freebie!

Fourth hand: I stayed on a 15, He hit on a 12 and got 22! Only 8 for me---again with His hand. :)

Fifth hand: I hit on 14, got an ace, hit on the 5/15 and got a 6 for 21! He actually told me He was gonna try for the push(what a sweetie!!) He hit on a 12 and got a 5 for 17 but he let me off the hook on this hand since He missed the push :)

Sixth hand: I had a 17, He had a 20.  *SIGH* The cards were all red, so it was my choice but I knew it   wouldnt be fair to keep choosing just His hand, so I decided on the hairbrush which He administered rather hard (owie!)

Seventh hand: I hit on a 13 and got an 8 for 21! He hit on 16 and got 18. I should have been taking 11 here, but Ace once again let me off since I had been brave enough to take the hairbrush on the last hand.

Eighth hand: I hit on a 14 and got a 17. He had a 3/13 and dealt up to 21. The cards were black, and I
was over His knees for 17 with the bathbrush!!! (yowch!)

Ninth hand: I stayed on a 15. He had a 17. There was one of each card in my hand so it was Ace's choice of "weapon". He decided on the wooden spoon! : {

Final hand: I hit on 13 and got a 16. I decided to have a bit of fun with the last hand so I hit again and got an 8! That gave me a whopping 48 and the cards were black!!! (now that should be the definition of a death wish!) Thankfully, He knew I was feeling the full effects of the night and chose to use just His hand. The first 46 were moderate and the last two He gave me very hard to end the game. :)

All in all, it was very fun and we are looking forward to playing it again soon. We'll have to work up to all six decks of cards! :)  Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sugar,

Another really fun game; thank you for sharing it with us.

joey

Lea said...

Sounds like a fun game. You can count cards?? Vegas trip! Come visit me, I'm only 6 hours from there! ;-)

Ursus Lewis said...

I agree, sounds like a lot of fun. But I get the impression the bottom has to have the ability to take quiet a lot in order to "survive".

sugarsweethoney21 said...

Joey: Thanks!

Lea: I dont count cards in the traditional way--I have my own system for it, but yes I can count them :) Its been awhile since I have had a chance to use that skill--a Vegas trip would be lovely! :) Ace went there when he was a kid-He's been talking about going back. Trying to decide what next year's vacation will be.... :)

Mr L: YOU COMMENTED!!! THANKS! :) Your observation is very true--we played again last night, and I didnt get a single freebie hand!:{ Ace suggested changing the rules so any hand I win would be a freebie and that offered some relief for me! Its pretty easy to change it to fit different people. The Top gets to decide how hard the swats are too, so that part can be adjusted for different tolerance levels. Thanks for reading and commenting, Mr L! Its appreciated! :)

Arthur said...

It is great to read how quickly you & Ace took some inspiration, and found a game which worked for the both of you.

As with our dice, I look forward to hearing some fantastic tales of "hot streaks", both by you, and by Ace.

MrA