During the course of our vacation week, a vanilla person (His sister) found out about our lifestyle.
It was one of those "I cant believe that happened" moments. Ace and I each have bracelets we wear with words that are specific to us and this lifestyle. I was rushing to get ready, and I thought I put mine in my bag to slip on later. It wasn't until much later that evening that my sister in law handed it back to me. Turns out, I had left it sitting out and my little one had found it and was wearing it for awhile before sis took it away from her. She didn't mention it directly, but I have to assume she saw the inside, and she while she is vanilla herself, I know she would understand what it means.
She hasn't said anything about it at all actually. I was waiting for it, she and I have always had a pretty good relationship, so I figured it might come up. Being that it hasn't, now I am wondering if its because she didn't notice it, or just because its a little too awkward of a subject between in laws (it seems I'm becoming quite good at manufacturing awkward situations).
And so, there is potentially one vanilla person who knows about us in real life. I don't know exactly what I would say, but I know if she asks I will tell her the truth. I doubt she will and I know she is not the type of person who would share that with anyone else, so our "secret" is safe in that respect. And quite frankly, I really don't care if she does know or tells others either. I can't change who I am/what we are, and I have to say there are a least a few of them who would benefit from some exposure to this type of lifestyle (in other words, a damn good spanking!!) Ok, that thought really makes me laugh! :)
Ace and I spent some much needed time alone last night--some play, but mostly just quiet time together :) I'm starting to feel better--I think a lot of the emotion from the last few weeks has been a result of how crappy I have felt. As I'm finally starting to get better, the overwhelming feeling has been one of just calm. There is still a lot of emotion built up, but I feel really removed from it. Its like a giant cloud off in the distance---I can see it and I know its storming there, and every so often I hear the rumbling of thunder, but for now I'm resting in the calm. I don't know if the storm is moving away or if I am just in the eye of it, but either way I'll be just fine.
Looking forward to some special days--and some time alone with my love--coming up in the next week :)
2 comments:
Hope you make the most of your alone time.
Hug,
joey
A family member finding out could definitely be awkward! Hopefully it won't come up.
Post a Comment