Monday, April 14, 2014

If you ask me....


I'll tell you I'm fine.


I'll tell you its getting better, and I'm "moving forward".


I'll put on a smile.



And I'll also be lying.


Its not getting better, and I feel like I am stuck here.

Days like today, I just feel like a fractured little girl who wants her dad.

I hate where I am right now. This point were there are moments where I feel happy and actually smile, then feel guilty for it. That is where I am--I can't feel happy without feeling like I am forgetting to be sad for my dad and feeling guilty for it. I'm not forgetting him, I couldn't. But I don't know how to do this. How do I move on? How do I let myself go back to being happy and smiling and actually being able to tell people I'm ok without lying or feeling guilty for it?

This is confusing. I don't know if I am making any sense. I'm just struggling with these feelings, ones I don't even know how to explain. I put on a smile and say good morning to people at work--as soon as they walk by its gone and all I can think about is putting my fist through a wall. I have a lighthearted conversation with a friend, then spend the next two hours locked in the bathroom, the only place I can go to be alone and cry, and wonder what they would think if they knew how weak I am, how very fragile I feel.

I'm tired of feeling this way.

I'm tired to pasting on smiles for everybody else.

I'm tired of telling very one that I am just fine.


If you ask me, that's what I'll tell you.


But I'll be lying.


~sugar

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sugar,
I am so sorry for your pain and sadness. I also often lie to those in my life and tell them that I am *fine*. I am not okay, and have not been for awhile. Our situations are different, but please know that you are not alone. Our inner subbiness makes us want to smooth things over, and to be "okay" even when we are not. Blessings, sister. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Bella