So, its been storming like crazy here today--rain, thunder, lightning, hail.....I love thunderstorms :) Went outside to enjoy it for a bit--so wish there was a way to bottle the smell of a good storm, its like nothing else :)
My five year old daughter decided to teach me about meteorology as its storming:
"Thats actually the clouds crying(rain)"
"Oh, really? Why are the clouds are crying?"
"Cuz they got hurt"
"Oh my, what hurt the clouds?'
"The lightning......the lightning hits them and lights them up and it makes them cry"
Sounds like a reasonable explaination to me! :) :)
3 comments:
Thanks sugar, nice story.
Cute. Not a bad explanation at all.
When I was little, I was told a couple of reasons for the rain, thunder and lightening.
My Grandmother said that someone made God made and He was angry. That sent shivers up my spine. I thought it was because He knew I was naughty and He was mad at me. Sigh.
I think she was trying to scare me into confessing that I took the chocolate bar from her fridge without asking. I didn't confess though. Ever since then I have hated chocolate. It makes me sick. Sigh.
My Dad told me that the angels up in heaven were bowling. My Dad liked to bowl. I like to bowl too.
The nuns in Catholic school told us the rain was God crying because we made him sad. The thunder and lightening was God's heart breaking. This usually meant someone was going to be punished soon and usually it was the whole class!
Now I know better, but storms are still scary for me. I am horribly afraid of lightening and violent storms.
Sigh.
Post a Comment