Sunday, December 18, 2011

Just a post

Lots of things going on at once--its hard to keep up with everything this time of year. My semester is finally over, assignments all turned it so that is a relief. It was alot of work, but I managed to get it all done. Just in time too--the day after I turned in my final paper, our PC crashed. Nasty little virus---thats what we get for trusting a microsoft program(I thought it was a bad idea from the start, but who am I?). System recovery, and we are back, but on a very old/outdated browser and lots of stuff gone. The last thing I needed right now.

I've been to the hospital two times in the last week. I had very painful spots break out on my left shoulder that spread to my arm and around my ribcage. Dr. determined it was shingles. Lots of pain/soreness/stiffness last Wednesday and Thursday. A day or two of meds, and I thought I was ready to take on the world! What I've found is I am not nearly as strong as I thought I am. Working two days out of three this weekend and throwing a GIGANTIC birthday party for my daughter---hey I can do that right? Well, whether thats true or not, I did it. And I shouldnt have. My body and my mind are just in turmoil. I've spent 90% of the last week wrapped up in blankets sleeping or swallowing pills, but my body is still rebelling against the idea of movement. Getting up and walking across a room is an effort. Going to work has been excruciating. I'm trying to keep going, focusing on the good things coming up this week--Christmas and my little girl's actual birthday that we are celebrating with another party. Just focus on the good stuff.

Since my last post, we've added two new weapons to our arsenal :) At Ace's request, I  purchased a new leather belt for us. His is very old and was given to Him by His grandfather so we both wanted to put that one away and not use it for ttwd. The one I purchased for Him is just awesome. Dark brown with a nice little bite. Despite health problems for both of us, He has been able to use it on me (gently) twice so far. He whipped me once with the gorgeous buckle on the front which was excruciating lovely. I think I am going to fall completely in love with it when He gets the chance to fully use it for the first time (hopefully soon).

The other implement is a pretty little metal carpet beater we found at an antique store. This one I DONT like! Its only been used once (besides when we tested it in the store) and I dont like it at all!! Its a serious implement and while we want to experiment with it more, we're moving slowly with that one.

Anywho, its early and I am exhausted. Slept all day, and need to sleep more. Just a quick update. Everything is ok and I am healing up. I hope everyone has a lovely holiday if I dont get a chance to tell you all before then! Take care! All the best,  ~sugar ( and Ace).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awful time you have had in the past two weeks. I am glad that you have most of it behind you and hope that you can focus on your daughter's birthday and having fun with Ace. :-;

I hope that you and Ace have a terrific holiday season.

joey

Lea said...

I'm sorry you haven't felt well lately. Shingles can be awful, a friend of mine has had a few bouts of it. I hope you start feeling better and that your family has a happy holiday!