Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Ok, so I'm bringing it back. Lea, over at Lea's Corner  (http://musingsofabottom.blogspot.com/) was kind enough to nominate me for it---Thanks Lea! :) Sorry it took so long to get around to it!

So the rules are:  1. Link back to the award giver. 2. List 7 things about yourself. 3. List fifteen other blogs you enjoy reading and pass nominations on to them.

Geeze, lets see, seven things about me.......that are interesting......that you dont already know........


1. I know how to play the drums. I would never ever do it in public mind you, but its something I learned as a kid. I've never learned to read music, despite many efforts by many people.

2. Biologically, I have 6 sisters and 2 brothers. Thats nine of us in all, and I am right smack dab in the middle. Four older sisters, and two of each younger than me. I also have one adopted sister (she was adopted by the same "parents" who adopted all of us). The maximum age difference between any of us is 3 years (between two of my older sisters) and the minimum is 11 months (between myself and the sister who is just older than me). For a little over a month each year, she and I are acutally the same age.

3. I was once arrested for shoplifting. I was a teenager, made a very stupid mistake, but thankfully one that was fixable. It took alot of work, but I took every punishment I was given, completed all of the things given to me by the court system, and got my record expunged. (This fascinates Ace by the way--it came up in conversation just the other night, and He wanted all of the details....the first time I have ever really gone into it with Him. I'm only slightly worried....and a little curious....about why He was so interested). 

4. I would rather read a book than do anything else. Especially John Grisham. I have a literary love affair with that man. I own all of his books and some in both hard cover and paperback(a whole shelf on the bookcase is his and then some). I have a system to reading books. I usually start a book, read about 75% of it, and then start another one. When I get to 5 or 6, then I go back and read all of the endings.

5. I was once in a serious relationship with another girl. No, that doesnt make me a lesbian or bi-sexual. Lesbians actively seek women and bi's actively seek members of both gender. I've never actively sought anyone first off. Second of all, and this is where I get funky with my views, I dont believe that a soul has a gender. Believe me, I have a whole lot of discussions with a whole lot of people on this one. If your a Bible person, yes I know about the verse with "male and female" and "created in His image"---I was raised in a strict Bible Baptist home. Thats the physical body we all have. What I want to know, is if God did put a soul in a body, what was it before it was there? Did it have a gender? I dont think so. For that matter, the perceptions we have of what "male" and "female" consist of have been determined by a man, not necessarily by God. Man wrote down what his interpretation of God's word is and that original document has been tampered with revised many times (mainly by early leaders of the Catholic religion). Who's to say if thats ever actually what God said at all? Do we really put that much faith in one or even a few men who supposedly wrote the whole truth and nothing else? The Bible says "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and yet the majority of religions in the world rely upon one or even a few of these people and their interpretations of divine revelations. Thats a little scary, yes? Ok, so now I am rambling........lets get back to the point. Souls dont have gender, bodies do. And I didnt fall in love with a body, I fell in love with a soul......and incredible soul that moved me and changed me in ways I could never hope to understand. She was the first to ever "Top" me, although I was far too naive to understand it at the time. Losing her was one of the hardest things I have ever had to face. (If you read my post "o que escapou" that was her, the one that got away....in her language.)

6. I know how to read Tarot cards (although if you read my last post, you know this one already). I also have the sixth sense, a gift I was told by a savant that was given to me by Nature to account for my being born a preemie. Ace and I have tested it often---we share an unnaturally high level of telepathy between us. I am usually pretty good with perception and telepathy with others as well, as long as they can clear their mind and project ideas. It really doesnt depend a whole lot on the person receiving a message, the one sending it from themselves has the greater task. I love doing this with people though---it freaks them out most times and then they want to know what "the secret" is. I dont know if my savant friend is right---I think most people can do this, if they can control their mind and find an open-minded individual to participate. Perhaps Nature makes it easier for some than others, but I do feel that everyone has the potential to be able to.

7.  I used to be fairly good at singing. I was required to sing in the choir at church so my voice was trained to be good. I sang soprano, and the hardest song we ever performed was Handel's "Messiah". I used to love the holiday season at church though---the Christmas songs were always a favorite of mine and still are. I taught myself to plunk them out on the piano, but I cant actually play them.

Whew. That was alot. Ok so for the blogs. I follow quite a few of them, although I'm what you call a lurker or what Lea might call "a creepy McCreep". Ok, so I'm not that bad but I usually dont comment on other people's pages. I read alot of blogs but rarely comment---by the time I get to them, what I would have said has usually been expressed by someone else already anyway. So anywho, in no random order, the ones I will admit to following are:

Lea @ Lea's Corner  http://musingsofabottom.blogspot.com/
Mikki @ We're Making Up For Lost Time http://mikki-makingupforlosttime.blogspot.com/
Rayne @ Mischief Managed http://solemnlyswear-uptonogood.blogspot.com/
Ashley @ A Loves Z http://alovesz.blogspot.com/
Ms. Margaret Davis @ http://msmargaretdavis.blogspot.com/

If you go to any of these blogs and read the blogs they follow then you will see the ones I normally read. I really enjoy Stormy's, as well as Mick's (nice to have a guy's perspective), Kitty's, Season and Michael, Grace, Hermione, Christina, Rogue, Ronnie, Kay, Kiwi, and I know there are others that I am forgetting. None of these people know me, nor I them, but I have followed their blogs for a while and very much enjoyed their posts. I didnt include links to their pages because I dont know them and I dont want to freak anybody out. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing so much about yourself. I have read almost every Grisham book as well. In 2012, here will be a TV series called The Firm.

I hope you and Ace have a Happy New Year.

My best,
joey

Lea said...

You're not a Creepy McCreep. ;-) It's interesting to hear more about you. I love John Grisham too! I'm still working on my collection but am only a few books away from owning everything he has written.

CuffFanalot said...

Your partner's fascination with your arrest experience isn't as unusual as you might think. It actually goes along rather well with a top bottom relationship. As an erotic fantasy you might enjoy role playing the scenario with a trusted partner:)

Hermione said...

Hi Sugar,

It's nice to find out more about you. Playing the drums is quite an accomplishment!

Hugs,
Hermione

sugarsweethoney21 said...

Joey: I heard about the series, very exciting. I finished the latest of his books in about 5 hours, couldnt put it down! :)

Lea: Thanks! Mostly I just meant that I lurk alot :) I love love love JG! His books are just fantastic! :)

Cuff: Thanks for reading and commenting!

Hermione: I dont know if I have ever commented on your blog but I've followed it for quite some time. The Wed. and Fri. posts are really funny! Its been a pleasure to get to know you some, hopefully we can get to know each other better over time. All the best!