Friday, April 20, 2012

I dare you to move

So, apparently I missed my blog-a-versary.

My very first post was April 13 2011. Since then, I've posted 69 times and, according to the stupid new blogger layout thingy, I've had 18,577 page views. Thats much more than I thought!

I was gonna post this the other day, but now seems like a better time (procrastination isnt always a bad thing!) I put this elsewhere earlier this week--I really love this song.




I had plans to make an entirely different blog post, but since its my blog-a-versary, I'll put it here: my "bucket list", the things I want to do before I kick it (or, for now, the vanilla ones).

1. See Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night.   
2. Perform in a Cirque du Soleil show.
3. Spend an hour(or a day, or a year) with Howard Gardner.
4. Go to Italy, France, England, China, Scotland, anywhere in the Carribean, Africa....this list could go on! :)
5. To have a sound proof room, a piano, and Brian Wilson(the artist, not the athlete) for an hour (or a few)and see what awesomness comes out of it.
6. To go on a shoe drop with Tom's Shoes.
7. To take The Walk.
8. To go to all of the 50 states (this is much easier/faster than listing all the big cities!)
9.  Write a book.
10. To finish my college career! (Almost there, but it feels like its been forever!!!)

If you look at numbers 4 and 8, and think about all the things to see in those places, they are all on the list but it would take forever to type them all out. There are alot of things in there, but the first 7 especially are very important to me. These are all things I want to do someday. I'll keep the not vanilla list to myself, at least for now :)

To those of you who read/follow---especially the ones who have been with me this whole year---thank you so much! A very special thank you goes out to Joey, who was my first follower and has been the most faithful reader I have.

~sugar




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Thank you for sharing your journey.

I like your list, it is great to have goals.

But, one more, to attend a SCONY event.

Hug,

Joey

Hermione said...

Happy blogaversary, Sugar!

Hugs,
Hermione

sugarsweethoney21 said...

Joey: Thanks! Its hard to believe its been a year. Thanks for following along with this---I've jumped back and forth between being happy I have shared it and having doubts about keeping it going. I really appreciate your support! You've been awesome this last year and I cant thank you enough! :)

Hermione: Thanks! That year went by quickly! I was thinking I had started it much later in the year, so the blog-a-versary took me by surprise! :) I didnt think it would last this long when I started it--time really flies!! :)

sugarsweethoney21 said...

Joey (again): Forgot this part---Scony is definitely on the non vanilla list! Maybe someday! :)

Lea said...

Congrats on one year with the blog! Who is Howard Gardner? I take it you're a pianist?

sugarsweethoney21 said...

Thanks Lea! Howard Gardner is a psychologist who gave us the theory of mulitple intelligences-for my English midterm I wrote an 8 and 1/2 page paper on how this theory refutes the idea of using standardized testing as a means of educational accountability. I hate standardized testing and what it stands for---I would love to have a long discussion with Gardner about this....that would be awesome!I'm not a pianist (I wish I could learn!)--I have never learned to read music and the only thing related to music I can play is drums(but that doesnt really count). To keep it short, Brian Wilson has had many life experiences and has recognized mental disorders that make him extremely nervous/paranoid about being on stage. Seeing him perform is watching a tortured man trying to overcome demons...he is so inspiring! Just once, I would like to see him in a room with just a piano, completely comfortable and unafraid, and see what would happen when he could let go of everything and just create without any fear of rejection or criticism, two things largely responsible for making him the way he is now. Thanks for commenting!