That's all it was. Just one little fib. You would think I would know better by now. My big mouth always gets me in trouble. After all of this time, I can still look at Ace and lie to Him. That's hard to admit.
This one is going to be long and kind of random in parts, but will come together at the end, I promise---just stick with me.
We were cleaning out the basement of Ace's mom's house--she has mountains of stuff stockpiled down there that we tried to organize, but mainly He wanted to re-claim all of the things she saved from when He was a kid. It was quite a bit of work, but very cool to watch His face light up when He found things He has not seen in years and assumed was long gone.
One of the best things He found was a belt that was given to Him when He was just a child. It's much smaller than our other belts, a burgundy colored leather thats very thick and heavy, and has His real name on the front of it. It joined our collection in record time.
I've spent the last week and a half being sick--started as a flu bug that knocked me down for two days and turned into a nasty head cold, with all the sinus/chest gunk and a cough. Then on Thursday afternoon, it morphed into an eye infection.
I didn't think it was much to worry about. My eye was red and sore, but I figured it would take care of itself. Then Friday morning, I woke up and couldn't see out of that eye. I washed it out carefully, and over the course of an hour, I was able to see again but my eye stayed bloodshot and I couldn't stop the tears rolling down my face. Ace was adamant that I call the optometrist.
I hate going to the eye doctor. HATE IT. Mostly the part when they put those drops in my eyes that hurt like hell. My eye doctor actually told me last time that she has never seen any one fight it so much. Not actually swinging or kicking or anything, but I physically cannot hold my eye open and allow something to be put in it, and even when she holds it open it still tries to close. It usually takes at least a couple of tries to get a drop that actually goes in.
Needless to say, with my eye hurting the way it was already, there was no way in heck I was going to have that done. I had already decided that. I tried to shrug it off, doing the "its no big deal.....whatever" stuff. He wasn't having it. We had somewhere we needed to be in less than an hour, so He told me to take the phone with me, get ready to go, and call the doctor. Yeah, yeah....blah blah.
I took the phone with me.....and got ready to go. What's that you ask? Didn't I forget something?? Funny that you should mention it.
I went out to the kitchen and put the phone back. Ace was already there waiting.
"What happened? Did you talk to someone?"
"Uh..........no, no there was no answer..........just a busy signal hon. We need to get going don't we?"
"Yeah, in just a minute here." He walked away and I figured that would be that.
Then a few minutes later, I was standing on the other side of the kitchen when He came back in.
"Ready to go?" I asked. I had my back turned to Him, so I didn't immediately see where He was headed.
"Yeah, I'll just ring the number again here quick before we head out."
My heart sank. I turned around and watched Him get the phone, dial, and then put the phone up to His ear, knowing full well that someone was bound to answer. I figured I was caught, red-handed.
Sure enough, someone answered and He waved me over quickly to take the phone and tell them what was going on. As it turns out, my optometrists (a husband and wife team) are only on call for emergencies on Fridays. YIPEE!! That meant no doctor for me, as I wasn't about to tell them this was an emergency.
And then, of course, the technician working in the office had to go and ask what was going on. Ace was standing right beside me, so I knew "oh, nothing.....everything's fine" wasn't going to cut it. I reluctantly told the tech my symptoms and his immediate reaction was to take down phone numbers where we could be reached as he was calling the doctors right away. Bummer.
A few hours went by and we didn't hear anything, so I figured the good doctors were entitled to their Friday afternoon, and more power to them. However, the tech finally called back and said he had contacted one of them, they were on the way into town, and could I please meet them at the office? Ace was already nodding, so I knew it was over.......I was going to have to go.
I didnt have to have drops put in my eyes there---yay!---but it turns out it is a bacterial infection that has to be treated with, of course, antibiotic eye drops! So under strictest of orders from the doctor, every two hours I have to put warm compresses on the eye for fifteen minutes, followed by a cold compress for five minutes, and then have the eye drop put in. Honestly, in just a day and a half it is working, but this medicine burns like fire in my eye. It's very hard to do, Ace has had to try to fight with me to get it in, but it has been healing the infection.
So, while I have been sick I have been trying to keep myself and my temper under control, but I am really evil when I am sick. I have been being careful though, and trying to just stay quiet if nothing else. Ace decided tonight that I needed some maintenance. I couldn't argue, its been awhile and I've been rather emotional/needy/feisty/cranky/etc. lately. He's put up with alot out of me the last few days, so I decided to try to be obedient/submissive to Him tonight. I immediately changed into appropriate spanking attire (He has set down rules for how I have to be dressed for this) and met Him in the bedroom.
He spanked me hard with His hand, the Mandatum paddle, the silver hairbrush and a few other items before deciding it was time to try out the newest addition.....the belt we found the day before. As I mentioned above, it is shorter and not as wide across as our other two belts, but is at least twice as thick as any leather implement we have. Ace gave me a few swats with it, then asked me to compare it to the other belt He uses the most often. I found I liked this smaller belt better. It actually hurts a bit more, but in a different way. There is almost no sting to this smaller belt at all--it is very, very heavy and the impact goes deep. I prefer this over sting, as it lasts longer. Ace actually commented that this was leaving marks on me, which never ever happens no matter what He uses, and it was quite an effect for such a small belt.
He started out slowly with it and built up in intensity. Halfway through, He had me stand up so He could pile up the pillows in the middle of the bed, then made me lay over them so He could keep going. It was very intense at the end, and I was struggling to stay in position, so He gave me just a few more and then stopped. By this time, I was out of breath and had serious marks forming on my backside. Ace laid down behind me and pulled me back into His arms to cuddle/soothe after such a hard spanking.
But there was only one thing I could think about. Since the second we walked into the bedroom, I had decided I needed to confess to Ace about the little fib I told about calling the doctor. I had been thinking about it all during the spanking He had given me, trying to decide if I was brave enough to admit it, or if I could count this spanking as punishment enough for it and let it go. I knew better than that. My conscience wasn't letting me off that easy. I had to tell Him.
<sigh>
"Babe?"
"Yeah?"
"I have something I have to tell you."
"What is it? Wait, lemme guess......you can take more than that? Do you seriously want more?"
"No, no....that's not it at all! I just kinda have to tell you something"
"What is it?"
"I don't know if I want to tell you!"
"Uh oh, why not??"
"Well, it certainly doesn't bode well for me, especially in this position."
"Tell me."
"Well, I might have, kinda sorta, told you a bit of a fib about calling the doctor today."
He raised up on his elbow and looked over my shoulder into my eyes, doing the one eyebrow raised you are in trouble look.
"You did what?"
<deep breath>
"I kinda, actually told you a bit of a lie this morning when I said I called Dr. ______."
"Uh huh.....I see. So, you never actually called them at all." (said as a statement)
"No, Sir, I didn't."
"You just decided to tell me that you did." (That doesnt sound good!)
"Yeah, I guess. But I wasn't trying to lie.....I just hate going there, and my eye hurt already, and I didn't want them to put those evil drops in there........and I just didn't want to go! I hate it!!!!"
"I can understand that, but do you understand that you had to go? This is not something that was going to take care of itself you know! And lying to me about it??" He trailed off.
"I'm sorry Babe, I really wasnt expecting you to come back and decide to call them yourself." (not exactly sure why I said that!!)
"Well, its a darn good thing for you that I did isnt it?"
I just nodded. I told Him how I was sure He was going to question me after He called and that I was certain He knew that He had caught me already. He replied that He never had that thought at all, because He trusted me that I had done what He asked. That really hurt to hear. I had betrayed His trust in me and been disrespectful to Him as the leader in our home. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I told Him I was sorry, that my intention was not to lie to Him.......I just didnt want to go.
He told me again that He could understand how I felt, but that I needed to share those feelings with Him and let Him help me through it, rather than being disobedient and lying to Him. He had me cradled in His arms as He said it, and He lectured me a little more about my behavior, but I knew I had more than just a lecture coming.
"Are you going to spank me again?" I whispered the question, although I knew the answer already.
"Yes, I am. You just cannot lie to me. I can't let you get away with that."
The tears were back as He put me in position again. I fully expected Him to take the belt back up, but He leaned down and softly told me:
"You're lucky you've had such a hard spanking already tonight. I'm going to give you 25 more, hard, with my hand, and then we are going to forget about this. Do you understand?"
I just nodded my head and braced myself for it. Two swats in I was in full out tears, and by the end I was openly crying......something that hasn't happened in a very long time. It took Ace by surprise, and He was kind enough to get me some tissues and a drink of water before taking me back into His arms. I apologized again, and He soothed me. When I calmed down, He asked if I was alright and why that had made me cry when I have taken harder before. It wasnt the spanking that made me cry---it was the acknowledgement that I had looked right at Him and lied to Him when He trusted me and I told Him it hurt my heart to know that I had disrespected Him that way. My conscience was still bothering me---He had let me off very easy considering I lied directly to Him. I was worried He was going to resent me for it and I told Him so. He looked me right in the eyes:
"Listen, I dont want you feeling that way. I am not angry at you, and this is over. I don't even want you to think about it anymore, ok? It's over now."
I just nodded and started to leave the room. He caught me halfway across and pulled me into a hug. I melted into His arms. A few minutes later, He pushed back to look down at me and I lowered my eyes.
"Look at me." Not a request, a command I obeyed immediately.
"I love you Mae." My heart soared.
"I love you too."
"Now, go get everything ready for tomorrow and get to bed."
I nodded again and started to move past Him when I heard Him quietly clear His throat. I looked back at Him and saw one eyebrow raised and an expectant look on His face, accompanied by the faintest of smiles. I knew what He was waiting for.
"Yes, Sir."
~sugar
4 comments:
You are a lucky young lady.
Hug,
Joey
Glad Ace followed through - eyes are not something to fool around with. Glad it is doing better.
Joey: You are so right! I dont think I ever appreciate enough just how lucky I am to have someone who cares so much for me by my side, watching out for me. I am very very lucky, and I know I dont say or show it nearly as often as I should. Ace is the best thing that has ever happened to me, I totally do no deserve to have someone so amazing. I am so so so very thankful that He loves me and takes care of me. I dont know where I would be if it wasnt for Him.
Sunnygirl: Thanks for commenting!! You are right-I have worn glasses for years so you would think that I would know better by now, but I absolutely hate going to the eye doctor. After going, I of course admitted openly that it was the right thing to do--to be overly cautious when it comes to eyesight, although I wasnt thrilled with the idea at the time. Its been two days and the infection is almost completely gone, so I am feeling much better in that respect. I still regret lying to Him about it though--that was a silly/childish thing to do just to try to get out of going. I have never done that before, and I have no intention of doing it again! I'm glad He is right here, watching over me and protecting me. I am a very lucky girl!
I got pink eye a few months ago and having to put in those stinging eye drops really does suck! Hope you're feeling better now.
One of the great things about TTWD is what you describe in the end of this post. Being able to get past something without resentment and knowing it's over and done with for good is a wonderful thing.
Post a Comment