We were sitting together on the couch, watching Survivor. I had been waiting for a quiet moment with Him to talk.
You see, I was late for work yesterday morning. But wait, it wasnt my fault! Lemme explain.....
I got to work 12 minutes early and was sitting in my car. My co-workers showed up over the next few minutes, with the exception being our opening manager. At five minutes to five (thats a.m.!) we walked to the door to wait and were talking amongst ourselves. Three, four, five minutes.......no manager. Dang.
So there we are, stuck outside with no way to get into the building. A few people were inside working overnight to change floor plans, but we were told they are permitted to open the door for us.
Two, three, four minutes later and we are now four minutes late. Then five. Finally, at six minutes after someone from inside came and unlocked the door. Complications arose as we were told by management that this person wasnt supposed to let us in, but that person was insisting that we should have rang the door buzzer to summon her and we wouldnt have been late. Those of us on the morning crew stated that our times needed to be changed in the computer so we wouldnt show up as being late when we werent, but the two people inside (and unfortunately, our manager when we discussed it later) decided that it was in fact our fault, our times would not be changed, and we were going on the record as late. : <
I knew I had to tell Ace. My one year review is coming up and this could very well affect whether I get a raise or not (I sincerely hope it doesnt). I have been punished by Him for being late earlier this year, and He warned me about getting any more demerits for it. This time, it really wasnt my fault but it is still on my record just the same and I was sure He wasnt going to be happy about it.
I was snuggled into His arms, waiting for the right moment to bring it up, and formulating how to tell Him.
Um, babe, can I tell you something?
Yeah, whats up?
Well, something happened this morning at work.
What is it?
Well, I was kinda late this morning...... (insert dark look from Ace here)
We've talked about this. (His tone matched His look <shiver>)
I know, but wait, cuz it wasnt really my fault!
Oh, really??? (He's giving me that "yeah right" look)
I explained the whole story to Him---He was very patient and listened to everything I said. I confessed my concern about the review and how I desperately didnt want to screw it up (I could really use that raise). After I was done, we sat quietly for a few minutes as He mulled over my confession. Finally, I couldnt take it any longer.
Are you gonna spank me for this?
Does that seem fair to you?
Well, honestly babe, no..........it wasnt my fault at all, there was nothing I could do. (the one time I could say no!)
I agree. It wasnt your fault.
So, you're not going to spank me then?
Not for that.
Whew. Thanks babe, for understanding. Wait, what do you mean "not for that"?
I'm not mad at you and I'm not going to spank you for being late, but you are still getting a spanking.
WHAT????????? WHYYYYYY??????
He gave me His reason and I couldnt argue. The other morning, I gave Him a serious amount of attitude. I've been sick (cold/sinus stuff with body aches, headaches, and a miserable cough for 2 weeks) and that particular morning was the worst day I had. I dragged myself out of bed, just to end up collapsing on the couch. Our daughter had school that morning, and I had to get up and get her ready while Ace was doing something else. My little one was in a very contrary mood that morning and I really wasnt feeling very understanding or patient. Suffice to say, by the time I got done fighting her into clothes and fed, and got around myself , I was feeling very contrary as well! I gave Ace a very large piece of my mind (which I really cant spare by the way!) about trying to do all of this by myself while feeling like.......well I wont say what I told Him, but it wasnt good at all! He let me rant and rave for a few minutes, more or less ignoring it, and we took our daughter to school. After we came home, He gave me some space and time to cool down and we continued through the day, although the issue was never addressed.
Having had some time to think about it, I knew I could talk to Him now calmly and respectfully and express to Him just how hard that morning was. He again was kind enough to let me spill out everything that I had to say. He apologized for not understanding that day and not realizing just how rough I was feeling and how hard it had been. I apologized for not telling Him, and letting it build up until I exploded at Him instead.
After apologies were exchanged we both felt better about it, but He reminded me (gently) that I am not permitted to disrespect Him or lose my temper that way, particularly in front of our child. He is completely right, and I felt terrible for doing it. I knew I should have checked myself, but I was angry and wanted Him to know it. He told me He would make a small adjustment to the spanking I had coming, due to the fact that I have been struggling physically lately, but I could still count on being spanked for my attitude and disrespect.
This time, I had to agree. This was one I deserved and even needed. We agreed to finish watching Survivor before getting down to business.
I had lost interest in the show, so I moved over to the computer to work on a school project. It was then that my nightmare began. I had to re-format the entire paper I was working on, numerous times (the program was being a pain in the ass) and I was quickly getting frustrated. Just when I thought I had it saved and done, I recieved an error message. <sigh> Stupid computer. So I closed the program and tried to re-open it. The only problem was, my paper was GONE! Capital G-O-N-E, its gone! Oy!
This assignment is something I am supposed to do every week for the whole semester, so that paper represents 8 weeks worth of work, down the drain. I lost it. I had a complete and total meltdown. Ace, being better with computers that I am, tried everything He could to get it back. Nothing. I became seriously engaged in trying to retrieve that paper, and knowing how important it was, Ace postponed my spanking so I could keep working on it.
I stayed up last night until almost 2 a.m. and went back to it at 8 this morning (I'm exhausted!) I havent gotten it back and if I dont I have to decide if I have enough time to re-do it. This would require 14 weeks worth of work for me over the next 5 weeks.......yikes. I'm not sure if I can do it.
*UPDATE* I wrote the above this morning while waiting for a file recovery program to work. It didnt. But, I was able to get the text back from the assignment by opening it with a very outdated program---all I have to do is retype/ format what I had and do the rest of the assignment (I am gonna try to do it early) and then find some way of converting the file into something readable by my professor. Alot of work, but a heck of a lot less than typing the whole thing again. So thankful I got some of it back! :) I still have to face the music with Ace tonight---not looking forward to it, but at least it will be over. Hopefully, it will help me remember to curb my temper and be more respectful.
8 comments:
Sugar,
OMG. What a nightmare!! In today's environment, the boss can do what they want. But what they did is morally and ethically wrong.
And, flu and computer trouble, what a horrible mess.
I hope your spanking is an easy one.
joey
Oh wow... bless your heart! I am so feeling for you!! That is a lot of junk to be dealing with in a very small amount of time!!
Sorry about the spanking... it's might be needed, if nothing else, to help you release some of the pressure that you have incurred this week!! Have a happy weekend!
Joey: Youre right---there isnt much I can say, but at least Ace was understanding about it. Thanks for commenting!
Mikki: I've been thinking of you the last few days--hope everything goes well for your husband. Thanks for the sympathy-- I'm glad its over now and we can move on. Thanks for commenting!
I don't like people being late, but it matters why they clocked in too late. This one is a very silly one, I totally agree it was not your fault. And believe me, it's hard for me to say that ;)
I'm also glad you got your text back, even if it is in a raw form.
I think that Ace should give you a "get out of spanking free pass" for all of the difficulties that you have faced!! Only a SAINT could have handled all of this with GRACE!! That's it: Just ask for "Amazing Grace"!! Surely, he could come up with more of that quality, considering!!! lol!
Just sayin'
Bob
Urs: Thanks for commenting! I hate being late for things--its something I try to avoid at all costs. It just sets me behind for the whole day and then I feel like I am constantly trying to catch up. Thank you for that last comment--this may be the only time I hear you (or any top) tell me its not my fault! :) :)
Bob: Thanks for reading and commenting! Ace is very patient and understanding with me. He let me off the hook for being late--but I did deserve to be punished for my attitude with Him. To be completely honest, I have not handled these last 2 weeks with nearly as much grace as I could have--learning to accept hard things like this with quiet strength is something I am working on still. Thankfully, I have been asleep most of the time and the rest trying to pull myself together to do schoolwork and take care of my daughter, so I havent had much time to get in trouble. He gave me a neccessary reminder that He is my husband and I need to be respectful regardless. I dont want my daughter to see me this way---I was not setting a good example for her and she will not respect her father if she can see that I dont. I want to be a good wife for Him and a good example for her.
I think that is really unfair of your workplace to count that against you. I certainly hope it doesn't affect your review.
Being sick plus computer troubled would certainly have me frustrated as well. It sounds like Ace was pretty understanding. Hope you get through tonight alright.
Lea: Thanks! I agree about work---if they try to use that against me in my review, they may be finding themselves some new help! I can handle it being on my record, but I wont tolerate them using it as an excuse to continue under-paying me. We'll see what happens! Ace was wonderful as always--the spanking was very intense, but it certainly cured my attitude! Thanks for reading and commenting
Post a Comment