Today is a wonderful day. Seven years ago today, I laid eyes on my Ace for the first time. I dont believe in love at first sight, never have-----but I have absolutely no idea how else to describe it. We met for just a few minutes (He was on His way to a concert with His bestie at the time, a local superstar that He did sound mixing for) but He knew my mom before He knew me, so a few hours later He called and we met up at a restaurant. We had a lovely time that night. The next day, He called again and we made plans to go out (Ace and I, His bestie, a friend, and my sister) as a group to see a movie. By now, the attraction was obvious, and while Ace and I were floating around in our own little world, everyone else was aiding and abaiting the matchmaking. We ended up sitting next to each other----half way through the movie, His hand brushed mine and I remember looking over at Him to see if it was accidental or.......... :)
It wasnt accidental. He played around for a few more minutes, brushing my hand lightly with His, watching me out of the corner of His eye while trying to look like He was watching the movie. The movie was winding down (I have no idea what it was about) when He finally moved His hand and laced His fingers through mine. I cant find an appropriate way to describe how I felt after that. Happy, elated, floating on a cloud.........yeah all that, and a thousand other things too.
We went to eat again, and spent some time getting to know each other more. It was then that I decided to move where Ace was. Up until then, I had live 6 hours away and had only come with my sister for a visit to the area, but I knew this was where I needed to be. Saying goodbye to Him was the hardest thing I had ever done, but thankfully it was only for a day. I rushed back "home", packed everything, and was back to Ace in a little more than a day. We continued dating, spent holidays together, and even took a trip to California together. It was when we returned from that trip that we decided to get married.
Now, most people dont rush something like this. I never intended to marry as young as I did and I never would have dreamed it would have happened as it did. We met at the end of October, were engaged in May, and married in August. WHEW!!!!
I always tell people that we moved rather quickly through the early stages of our relationship but a friend actually told me "No, you moved naturally". I've thought about that alot, and I really like that way of looking at it. We were crazy for each other, and we followed our hearts through the natural (and quick!) progression.
I am so thankful for my Ace. Its days like today that make me realize just how much I need Him. I had lost everything I thought was important to me just before I met Him. I had nothing to live for and no reason to remain on this earth. My plans were made, and I was saying goodbye. And then I was handed a reason to pause, think, and decide. I decided I wanted to live. I was young and naive, and wasnt seeing the long term picture until I met Him. And suddenly, I could see myself as His wife, our child's mother. I could see a man who was opening His heart to me, who wanted to love me unconditionally and forever. I wanted that more than anything and so did He. Ace showed me how to love again, how to care, how to let go of the past and grab onto the future with Him. I love Him more than I could ever say and I am so thankful to be His wife.
3 comments:
I met my husband the end of October, we were married the following June, that was 25 years ago. When its right, its right. Happy anniversary and hope you have many more.
Very sweet, I hope he reads this.
Thank you for sharing sugar. Hope you had a wonderful day.
Post a Comment